Sunday, July 29, 2007

Unfallen, and Tragic

A Happening Universe it was to them
But that didn't impress you
So you stroll up by my window in the Sea
Make me a god for moments few
To make you a Hero
Unfallen, and Tragic

My Magic Wand's in place
The pieces make up a story

I take you by your hand
You Fight The War,
The Chaos on this land
And become a Star
Here comes the Hero!
Unfallen, and tragic

The rise and fall of Grace
The fiction of lies, tales of glory

Cameras in your face, smiling
Long and penurious talks
But will you be shining
In your Den with the thought that stalks?
I made you a Hero
Unfallen, and Tragic

Magic faded, but with a trace
Piece of beauty, but a folly

You hear the rain drops
You hear the speeding train
You fear the curtain drops
Your fear the lonely lane
I made you a Hero
Unfallen, and Tragic

Not a frill, or a lace
Nothing to clothe a soul's fury

And when we traverse and brush
I do not hold your hand
I am not god, I still search
So take away my wand
That made you a Hero
Unfallen, and Tragic

Catch up to save a face
Catch up to change a story

A god was quiet, but spoke a friend,
"Look at that scar,
Cry that Tear, nevermind the trend
Dont be afraid to fear, you'll still be a star
A Hero
Still Unfallen, but tragic."

Complete freedom, but still a Prisoner
Keeps exfoliating, but still a Soul

2 comments:

Enigma said...

Today, After the 5th reading of this poem, can i claim to have understood it ..... [:)]

Now dont ask me what have i understood ...let that remain a secret :-p

sameer said...

well it is vintage akanksha
it has been quite long sine i read your works. Seems like a lot has changed in the way you approached this poem and many others.
the beauty lies in the beast that is potrayed here in the form of a soldier(sorry if i got it wrong) who has to face his demons.