Friday, July 20, 2007

The Eclipse Diaries

### Bloodless Eyes ###

The sea keeps sinking somewhere.
I wake up- night or day- its the same thing to me. I wake up with the perfect pain in my belly, my shoulders and the rough edges of my skin. I dont let it linger for long. I play in my mind a song that I heard some ages back.... I try to set the memory in sync with my heart beat.. but I am not able to do so. Something is lost, somewhere. I am trying to understand what I have lost. Only then I can attempt a kick at retrieving it back.

They had taught me to be mentally tough and prepared with the events, conditions, everything. Did they miss out to tell me something?

My eye sight is fine. After all this time in darkness, I thought may be my eye sockets are empty- they must have taken my eyes off. But I could see a mild flickering of a bulb from afar. I almost started moving towards it... when it struck me that my cell was a closed tube. I can barely move, I can barely breathe. But I can live.

A tube like cell
Time.. well... it is flowing.
PoW # 84190310

1 comment:

Enigma said...

An awesome piece of imagination.... cant figure out that "some piece of the writer" in there