Monday, September 17, 2007

Rapture

It was a night I'd never forget. Rapture.

It was the night when the sky had never seemed so close before. It was a night when the stars had danced with me. Orion the Hunter, was smiling at me, and the frolic transcended from the cluster of stars. The zephyr was in a frenzy, touching me everywhere. Even my soul was touched. I looked up. They all looked down on me.
I smiled.

It was an euphoria new to me, and for once I didn't want anyone or anything to wake me up from this dream. Dream, because this was too beautiful to be a reality.

I was flying. Travelling light years at once. Crossing horizons. Nothing seemed impossible anymore. Nothing was dead anymore.
I was alive.
There was magic running through all of me. My feet were on the sky, and the ground beneath my feet was cool, virgin and glittering. May be these were the tiny drops of tears that I had cried on myriad nights before, on the Sea of Tranquility, with each tear drop falling off my eyes as a star below my feet.
The sky is my playground. I will be forever here, and still not tire.

My words will follow so long as Heaven and Hell would debate and deny my existence in their domain. And I know he'll always find me here. My words. The day, the night I'd stop, would be the day when I'd die for him.
Who decided whether we "lived" or "died", anyway? I could be here, my heart thumping, and my eyes open. But what if you stopped thinking about me? What if you stopped waiting besides your universe, for my Ray of Loght to escape it? Escape only to make you see yet another beautiful part of me. I would still be alive- for a doctor, but for you I'd be dead.
And I dont want to die.
I dont want him to stop thinking about me, waiting for me. Just as I would wait for him. I dont want to cease living in his mind, his world of dreams.

He is in love just as I am.

Nothing was forbidden. We will cross each other's worlds. My love wont be like that cursed Rose on the Grave, which was discovered, only to be declared that it was forbidden.
My love is not forbidden.
Nothing was, anymore.

I wanted to kiss the sunrays, I wanted to bathe in the moonlight, feel the warmth and the chill within. I wanted to laugh, I wanted to cry.
I wanted to live.

Flying.
Dreaming.

Just when the sky had seemed out of reach and the horizon was a part of some other invincible world, my universe had been infused with cosmic beauty. And it was never going to be the same again.

"What is it with you?," they'd ask me.
"What?"
"Are you alright?"
"Just born."

I was powerful, once again. A person is born more than once. When he comes into this world, attempts of doctors give him life. But the person doesnt know that he IS born. And after that, he becomes conscious of the time when he IS born. He realizes that moment.

Life has just begun.

Happy Birthday to Me.

[Author's Note: This Post was created in January 2006]

No comments: