Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Zahir

Prologue
If I believed you were a Star, I think you'd burn and fall
If I believed you were a Song, I think you'd echo in the depth of the Seas
~
The Zahir
Melt down the sky for me
Freeze the mildest Zephyr
Burn for Me
Dont leave me short of Happy Endings

A Frozen Dream that drips
Like a thirsty Rain
My Earth, it makes flowers
My sky, it bends Gravity

Drops that flowed
From the Brown to the Blue
From the Ground to the Skies
From Mine to your Eyes

The Prism's Voice,
We both hear, but never listen,
The Prism's hands, we both watch, but never see
The salt of your skin is the only taste I respond to

I claim my Millions
While you give me the Stardust that your trial leaves behind
I'll stand up to that dust,
Decorate that shine on my soul

The deliciousness of forbiddance
The Kissed Lips, and the Broken Heart
A crack in the stone
A streak of lightening in a glass

The miracle of a drug, give me Life
Or Death
Or show me it doesnt matter anymore
Make me a constant traveler who comes naked, everytime
~
Epilogue
I believe you are the hunter,
I know the touch of your arrow is everything I could ask for, the only thing I have waited for.

[This piece is not a dedication. It IS created for The Zahir, and for Self Exile.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'it doesnt matter anymore'

Enigma said...

Simply wonderful..... I am stumped for words :)

DC said...

I was wandering aimlessly and see what a gem i came across!!!The traveller does not wander for rewards, but sometimes one gets something more than sheer wanderlust...